The Net Price Calculator (NPC) is intended to help current and prospective students and families estimate the “net price” for a student attending an institution of higher education and allows the student to compare the “net price” for one or more institutions. The NPC is intended to provide more useful consumer information regarding college costs AFTER financial aid is taken into consideration and provides more information than just the Cost of Attendance (or, ‘sticker price’) of the institution.
About MSU’s Net Price Calculator:
Remember, the NPC is ONLY AN ESTIMATE
- the NPC is NOT a financial aid packaging tool; it is NOT intended to calculate an individual’s exact net price.
- the NPC data is derived from first-time freshmen students who are enrolled full-time (12 hours or more) AND who meet MSU’s Priority Deadline Dates.
- the NPC data is comprised of different Types of Aid to include 'need-based' grants and student loans.
- the NPC data does NOT take into consideration academic/athletic scholarships as scholarships are not considered 'need-based' aid at MSU.
- and, the NPC data does NOT take into consideration awards that are not offered to our students at the time of initial awarding, such as the B-On-Time Loan, College Work-Study, College Access Loans and Alternative Private Loans.
– your aid package could be significantly different depending on the information you report on your actual FAFSA application.
Complete the NPC now!