It appears that your browser does not support JavaScript. We use JavaScript on our website to display some information. Please use a browser that supports JavaScript.



Department Scholarships
(back to top)

The Department of Health and Public Administration has scholarship and graduare assistantship opportunituies available for incoming students. We welcome your application for the scholarships or assistantship. The majority of the funds are awarded in the fall. However, in rare instances, some scholarhsip monies may be available for the spring semester.

Minnie Rhea Wood Scholarship
(Award amount varies; two equal payments Fall and Spring)
     1) Full time, fully admitted MHA or MSN student (9 hours per semester)
     2) Formal Application
     3) Degree Plan signed and on file
Priority given to students with a
     1) Graduate GPA of 3.2 or above; If the student's first term, an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above.
     2)  There is no limit to the number of times a student may receive this award.

Graduate Scholarships
     $1,000 per academic year; two equal payments of $500 (Fall and Spring)
     1) Undergraduate or Graduate GPA of 3.2 or above
     2) Fully admitted MPA or MHA student
     3) Full time attendance throughout the academic year (9 hours per semester)
     4) Degree plan signed and on file
     5) Formal application
Priority given to:
     1) Students need financial assistance due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. out of state students)
     2) Students who have received the scholarship one time
          Students who have received the scholarship twice will be given a lower priority than other qualifying students.

Graduate Assistantship
(back to top)

      $1000 scholarship
      $7500 work related grant
     1) Full time Student in teh Department (9 hours per semester)
     2) Graduate GPA of 3.5 or above; or if the student's first term an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above
     3) Able to commit 19 hours per week to the department 
     4) Formal position application and interview
Priority given to:
     1) student who demonstrates research capacity
     2) Student whose skill sets match the needs of the department 
     3) Degree plan signed and on file

Can't find what you're looking for? Try our Frequently Asked Questions!

If you have further questions, please contact the department at (940) 397-4752 or at or