Criteria for incoming freshmen:
1. Applicants must be unconditionally accepted for admission to Midwestern State University.
2. Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
If taken prior to March 2016, a minimum combined SAT score of 1130, excluding writing. If taken in March 2016 or later, a minimum SAT score of 1200. *The old SAT score above is comprised of Critical Reading and Math components only. The new SAT score is comprised of Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Math components.
***PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who have been awarded the President's Distinguished Scholarship (PDS) are not eligible to receive the Redwine Honors Program Scholarship. PDS scholars are welcome to participate in Redwine Honors Program activities, live in Honors housing (if space is available), and enroll in Honors courses. If PDS scholars are interested in being a part of the Redwine Honors Program, they should stop by the office in Moffett Library, Room 112D, and visit with the program coordinator.
The priority deadline for incoming freshmen to apply is January 15. We will continue to accept applications after this date until the program is full. Qualified students who apply after the program is full will be placed on a waitlist, and as space in the program becomes available, we will consider students based on the overall strengh of their applications.
Criteria for current MSU students and transfer students:
1. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
2. Students must submit an application at least two years prior to their expected graduation date.
3. Applicants must be able to complete the eight required courses, including a minimum of four Honors core courses, without significantly delaying their expected graduation date.
Current and transfer students may apply at anytime: