Dear MSU Mustang,
As you may know, Midwestern State University has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention, financial literacy, digital citizenship, etc. in high schools and higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 1/2 million students complete AlcoholEdu for College - their online, non-opinionated, science-based alcohol abuse prevention course.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, MSU requires each member of the first-year class and transfer students to complete this course. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- You will not be able to access AlcoholEdu until September 9, 2013.
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 1.5-2.5 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is October 21st, 2013.
- About one month after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is November 22, 2013.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ answers. Again, remember that this course is mandatory for all incoming freshmen! FAILURE TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE WILL RESULT IN YOUR NAME BEING PLACED ON A “NON-COMPLIANCE LIST” IN THE DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College:
- Go to: http://college.alcoholedu.com
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: C226833A (you will have the opportunity to choose which category bests describes yourself from a 'dropdown' menu)
- Click “Sign Up”
- On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu for College account using your email address and a password of your choice. Make sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
At this time, you will also need to enter your 9-digit Student ID, which you received at orientation or which you can access using your social security number in Web World. If you do not enter your official Student ID, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
Director of Student Conduct