- Two $250.00 scholarships will be awarded each semester.
- Previous recipients may reapply, but first priority will be to new applicants. For first-time enrolling students with no previous GPA, consideration will be based solely on scholarship application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours and meet the following GPA requirements:
a. 2.5 Cumulative GPA – Undergraduate
b. 3.0 Cumulative GPA – Graduate
- Only benefit eligible staff members are eligible to apply.
- A selection committee will review applications. To insure anonymity, applicants will be assigned a number by the Scholarship Chair before the selection process begins.
- The selection committee will consist of three elected members from the Staff Senate, with one member designated as the selection committee chair.
- Staff Senate members cannot serve on the selection committee if they are scholarship applicants.
- Depending upon funds availability, the selection committee will recommend the number of scholarships to be awarded in a given semester at a general Staff Senate meeting for a majority approval. This decision will be made prior to the application deadline.
- Application deadline is August 1st for Fall semester and December 10th for Spring semester. Based on the number of applications received, the Scholarship Committee will select and rank an appropriate number of finalists.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed shortly after the selection of the recipients.
The Staff Scholarship Application can be found here.
Staff Senate Scholarship Fall 2013 Recipients
The Staff Senate awarded it's scholarships for the 2013 Fall semester.
The recipients are:
Each will receive a $250 scholarship for the fall semester.
Congratulations to both.
Return to Staff Senate Home Page