Did You Know?
The MSU Financial Aid Office processes files in order by the date the file became complete.
- Fall 2015 / Spring 2016 FAFSA Processing and Awarding is underway!
- Summer 2016 Awarding is scheduled to being on/around March 1.
- Planning to Attend Summer 2016 at MSU? Please complete the Summer 2016 General Application NOW.
- Fall 2016/ Spring 2017 FAFSA Processing is scheduled to begin on/around Feb 14 and Awarding on/around April 1.
- Are you waiting on your refund? Refund checks are being processed by the MSU Business Office.
Direct Subsidized Loan Limitation for First-Time Borrower
If you are a FIRST-TIME LOAN BORROWER (ie: you have never received a student loan(s) with a disbursement prior to July 1, 2013 OR you have fully repaid your prior student loan balance(s) prior to July 1, 2013 and have applied for another student loan(s to be disbursed on/after July 1, 2013), please read this IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding the maximum period of time in which you may receive the Direct SUBSIDIZED Loan during your college career.
If you have submitted a request to have your Fall-Spring-Summer awards adjusted, please allow 3-5 business days to receive your "revised" award notification.
We generally experience a high volume of phone calls and emails at this time; your patience is greatly appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will respond to your request as quickly as we can. Thank you.