Reminders for completing the Travel Voucher
- A conference/meeting agenda must accompany the travel voucher
- Always include dates and times of travel. Per Diem rates are determined by the departure and return times.
- Provide a brief description of the mode of transportation and duties performed. More information is better than not enough!
- Taxes are reimbursed on the hotel amount eligible for reimbursement, which is not always the amount originally charged. Texas State occupancy tax is not a reimbursable expense. Present a Texas hotel occupancy tax exempt certificate to your hotel clerk at the time of check-in.
- Mileage or gasoline will be reimbursed, but not both.
- Lodging is to be claimed for each person traveling, even if one individual pays the receipt. The receipt should be copied and attached to each voucher. Each individual will claim his/her proportional amount of the charge.
- All university travel is to be reimbursed using local funds.
Important Travel Policy Change
In order to conserve funds and reduce expenditures, the mileage reimbursement rate for employee business travel is reduced to .45 per mile, and is effective November 1, 2015.