Freshman Next Steps Checklist
1. Complete Your Application
- Make sure we have received all necessary supporting documents.
- Official Transcripts
- Official ACT or SAT Scores
- $25 Application Fee
2. Log into MSU Banner
- Learn how to use your Mustangs ID number to check the status of your application.
3. Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- For financial aid, visit MSU's Financial Aid website for complete overview information. Including Mustangs Guarantee, MSU's tuition assistance program.
- For scholarship opportunities, please visit the MSU Admissions Scholarship website, MSU Donor Services, and your academic department.
4. Pick Your Room
5. Testing Services
- Information about Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Information about AP, CLEP, IB, DANTES and Proficiency Exams is on the Credit by Exam website.
6. Bacterial Meningitis
The Texas Legislature passed SB 1107, effective January 1, 2012, requiring all students underl the age of 30 entering an institution of higher education in Texas to either receive a vaccination against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria to decline the vaccination before the first day of the semester.
- Midwestern State University has contracted Magnus Health to collect, review and securely store all student documents pertaining to the meningitis vaccine. Your must register through Magnus Health SMR ensuring that your registration for classes at MSU is not delayed.*
You will need your Mustangs ID to log into your Magnus Health account through MSU's Web World.
*Students will not be able to register for class until this new requirement has been completed. The vaccine must be administered within the past five years and at least 10 days before the first official day of classes.
7. Attend Orientation
- It is required for all new students to attend Spirit Days or Orientation.
- At Spirit Days or orientation you will be introduced to life at MSU and register for your first classes.