Faculty Research Grant App
Faculty Research Grants
(Internal Grant Information)
The objective of Faculty Research Grants is to assist faculty members in conducting well-defined and purposeful scholarly and creative activities that contribute to professional growth and that enhance the programs of Midwestern State University. Activities must pertain to the faculty member’s discipline (may be interdisciplinary) and should result in a product that will be shared in a professional public venue.
The Faculty Research Grants have not been funded for 2013-2014. We hope funding will be restored next year for the 2014-2015 academic year. Any additional information will be posted here and announced to faculty when it is received.
Click here for a list of recipients of internal grant awards for 2012-13.
Click here for a list of recipients of internal grant awards for 2011-12.
Click here for a list of recipients of internal grant awards for 2010-11.
Click here for a list of recipients of internal grant awards for 2009-10.
Click here for a list of recipients of internal grant awards for 2008-09.
The maximum award is $5,000 per academic year, with $60,000 available to award from MSU.
Grant period: September 1, 2012 through August 31, 2013.
NOTE: For 2012-13, funding will not be offered for a paid leave of absence or reduced teaching load.
MSU's Faculty Research Grant Committee has worked to create a new stream-lined, user friendly application process for Faculty Research Grants. We hope the new process will encourage more faculty members to apply.
On the left side of the page, under Online Forms, you will find the new forms needed to apply for a Faculty Research Grant. Please refer to the following guidelines for the new application process:
- The total proposal (excluding the biosketch) must not exceed 10, single-spaced pages using 12 point font or larger.
- The space limits on the application form are suggested in parentheses. Applicants may deviate from the suggested limits for each item but all items must be addressed and the total length of the proposal shall not exceed 10 pages. Applications that exceed the page limit will not be reviewed.
- The proposal, biosketch and budget sheet must be submitted to the Office of the Graduate School(firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm on March 23, 2012. You may submit the required documents electronically as an email attachment. Late proposals will not be considered.
- Faculty no longer have to submit copies to their Chair and Dean. Our office will do that for you.
- Deans and Chairs: As applications are received in our office, you will receive a copy and will be asked to complete the Dean/Chair Evaluation Form, also on the left side under Online Forms. Dean and Chair Evaluations are due no later than 5:00 pm on April 2, 2012. You may submit the Evaluation electronically as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- The Faculty Research Grant Committee will notify the Provost of its recommendations no later than April 16, 2012. The Provost will announce awards to recipients in writing by May 4, 2012.
- Upon completion of the project, a final written report must be submitted to the Dean of the Graduate School by September 30, 2013. All recipients will be required to present a summary of their findings at the annual Scholarship Colloquium in 2014.
How to submit the documents electronically:
Open each form (biosketch, faculty research grant application, and budget sheet) and save each of them to your computer. Fill out each form and save once you are finished. Then send all three documents to Devah Scholl as an email attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you need assistance with electronic submission contact our office at ext 4867. Paper copies will not be accepted.
Institutional Review Board
Visit this website to learn more and see if you need to obtain IRB approval for your project: http://www.mwsu.edu/irb/
Meet Our Committee
Please feel free to contact members of the Faculty Research Grant Committee
for more information.