We require a copy of your official immunization records. If you are current with the immunizations listed, just send us a copy of that record. If you are not current on these immunizations, you must become current as dictated by law. Please note that self-declared immunization or immunizations submitted on a questionnaire or a medical physical form cannot be utilized.
When you are on campus, you may go to the Vinson Health Center for these immunizations at a reduced cost. You may also obtain immunizations at your local public health department at a reduced cost.
Please forward the information to the Department of Respiratory Care at Midwestern State University.
- One dose in the last ten years (must have Pertussis component)
Measles/Mumps/Rubeola (2 Options)
You must have 2 doses of measles (rubeola) vaccine, 2 doses of mumps vaccine and 1 dose of rubella vaccine or 2 MMR's or have evidence of immune titers for all three.Option 1
- Requirement: Students born on or after
January 1, 1957:
- Two doses of MMR vaccine administered since January 1, 1968, and on or after their first birthday; at least 28 days apart; or
- Serologic confirmation of immunity to all three or serologic evidence of infection
- Requirement: Students born before
January 1, 1957:
- One dose of Measles/Mumps/Rubeola vaccine administered on or after first birthday; or
- Serologic confirmation of immunity for all three or serologic evidence of infection
- Two doses of Varicella vaccine, administered on or after their first birthday; if given after 13 years of age; or
- Serologic confirmation of Varicella immunity
- Complete series of Hepatitis B vaccine (prior to the start of direct patient care); and
- Serologic confirmation of immunity to Hepatitis B virus.
Negative T.B./Chest x-ray
- Valid documentation of negative T.B. skin test (Annually); or
- if positive, report of negative chest x-ray and chest clinic clearance of negative T.B. status (Annually).
- Valid documentation of one dose of influenza vaccine (Annually)