BSRC APPLICANT SELECTION PROCEDURES
Due to limited availability of clinical sites, the selection process for admission into the Respiratory Care Program is based upon a ranking system. Applicant ranking will be based upon, but not limited to:
- GPA of prerequisite courses
- Number of prerequisite courses completed at MSU
- Performance on the Test of Essential Academic Skills V for Allied Health (TEAS V for AH)
- Applicant Personal Interview with program faculty
The following rules apply to admission to the Respiratory Care Program:
- Be admitted to the University.
- Apply to the Respiratory Care Program; applications can be obtained online BSRC Admission Application. Applications will be accepted between January 2 and April 15 for entrance into the program the following summer II semester.
- Submit a copy of the results of Test of Essential Academic Skills V for Allied Health (TEAS V for AH).
- All program prerequisites must be completed before taking any respiratory care classes. The program prerequisites are Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II, Chemistry, college-level math, Microbiology, Communication area of the core, and General Psychology or Introductory Sociology. A minimum grade of C is required for all program prerequisites.
- 36 of the 42 required general core credits must be completed prior to being formally admitted to the respiratory care program.
- Notification of admission is made in writing and requires an acceptance form returned to the Respiratory Care Department. Return of a signed acceptance form signifies that the student agrees to all technical standards outlined in the admission packet.
- Students will complete all BSRC degree requirements 22 months from beginning respiratory care course work. With the degree requirements completed in May the students are in the best position to be successful when they sit for the National Board Examinations following graduation.
You must apply to MSU as well as to the program. You may do that by going to the following web site here.