In order to be considered for admission to the Wilson School of Nursing graduate program, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Hold a BSN degree from a nationally accredited program.
2. Have a current RN license to practice in the State of Texas and your state of residence.
3. Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work, exclusive of credit hours awarded by a two-year college.
4. Complete the application process for the Graduate School which includes the following:
5. Complete the online Wilson School of Nursing MSN Application including the essay section.
6. Participate in a personal interview with the graduate program coordinator for your program of interest.
7. Admission to Nurse Practitioner programs is dependent on previous nursing experience. Each program has different requirements regarding the type and length of experience required.
1. The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP) programs only admit in the Fall semester.
2. All transcripts and GRE scores must be submitted to the graduate office by May 15th to be considered for admission to the FNP and FPMHNP programs.
3. The Nurse Educator program admits students in the Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters.
4. Please see the MSU online catalog for application deadlines for the university.
1. An applicant who has earned a BSN and a master's or higher degree from a nationally accredited institution of higher education may be accepted on the basis of such degree. Determination of conditions, if any, will be made by the Graduate Coordinator.
2. Certificate Programs