Students are admitted to the BSN Prelicensure program in the Fall and Spring semesters
- Applications for Fall admission are accepted February 15—March 31
- Applications for Spring admission are accepted July 1 - August 15
- The deadline to apply is 11:59pm on the last day of the application period
- You must have, or be qualified for, full admission to Midwestern State University. Complete information regarding application deadlines and requirements can be found at http://mwsu.edu/admissions/. This does not guarantee admission to the BSN program.
- You must complete the nursing prerequisite courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. A grade of “C” or higher is required on all science courses.). You may apply to the program while enrolled in these courses, but they must be completed before beginning. Nursing prerequisites are:
|Anatomy & Physiology I and I||Rhetoric and Composition I and II|
|College Level Math||Intro to Sociology|
- The HESI A2 assessment is required, and results must be submitted to Wilson School of Nursing during the appropriate application period. Scores received after the deadline will not be accepted. Minimum scores for consideration are:
80% on Math
80% on composite English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Grammar)
- The HESI A2 may be taken at MSU or at another testing site.
- To test at MSU, please contact the MSU Testing Service at (940)397-4676 to schedule an appointment.
Admission and Acceptance Process
- Both the university and Wilson School of Nursing (WSON) applications are online. Please note that the nursing application is only available during the specified application periods.
THE WSON APPLICATION PROCESS HAS CHANGED – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- You will begin the WSON application online. Once you complete the initial form and click “submit” an additional form will appear.
o You must save the form to your computer.
o Fill in the form (be sure to save again) and print a copy for submission.
o Gather all of the supporting documents – we recommend you save copies for your records.
o Follow the directions in the checklist on page 3 of the form.
o Submit your application and supporting documents in one packet per the instructions.
o Supporting documents (HESI scores, transcripts, etc) should be mailed or personally delivered to:
Midwestern State University
Wilson School of Nursing
Attn: Jeana Brunson/BSN Admissions
3410 Taft Blvd, Bridwell Hall 308
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
- Acceptance to the Wilson School of Nursing is based on a point system. View Admission Point System
- The Admissions Committee will evaluate and rank all complete applications and issue admission letters according to the number of clinical positions available.
BACK TO BSN HOME