- If you are applying for a distance education graduate program, and reside outside of Texas, please click here to request verification that MSU is approved to deliver distance education for your desired major in your state.
- Complete an application online by visiting applytexas.org before the deadlines listed at the bottom of this page. There is a $35 application fee for domestic students and $50 for international students.
- Take the GRE (gre.org) or GMAT (mba.com) and request that scores be sent to the MSU Graduate Admissions Office. International students must also take the TOEFL and IELTS, which test proficiency of the English language. Please allow at least 1 month for official scores to be received by the Graduate School.
- Request official transcripts from each institution attended other than MSU. Transcripts should be sent directly to the MSU Graduate Admissions Office at 3410 Taft Blvd; Wichita Falls, TX 76308. Transcripts also may be sent electronically by the institution for expedited receipt.
- Meet with the graduate coordinator of your intended major for program specific requirements and application information. Some departments may require a separate departmental application.
- If you are applying for financial aid, a FAFSA must be completed. For assistance filling out the form, visit the MSU Financial Aid Office webpage. If you are applying for a certification program, please go to here to learn more about financial aid status.
- Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you with your Mustang ID and PIN to be used to check the status of your application online.
- Once your application file is complete with all required test scores and transcripts, a review will be sent to the graduate coordinator for consideration. The Graduate Dean reviews all admission decisions and sends formal notification to each student.
Questions about the process? Contact us at 940-397-4920.
| Domestic Students|
| Semester|| ||Deadline |
| Fall|| ||August 7 |
| Spring|| ||December 15|
| Summer I|| ||May 15|
| Summer II|| || June 15|| International Students|
| Semester|| Deadline|
| Fall||May 15 |
| Spring||September 15|
| Summer||March 15|
*These are general application deadlines that do not apply to all programs. It is to your advantage to contact the Graduate Office or the graduate coordinator of your intended program for deadline information specific to your program.